ULTRA

General 'Out Of Character' news & events within Battletech-Mercenaries
DeputyDirector

ULTRA

Postby DeputyDirector » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:26 am

Could I please have any information on any ULTRA units that mercenary units have used in their stories? I am collecting what I can from posts and from information on the timeline and the ULTRA faction page, but any additional detailed information would be helpful.

I am looking primarily for unit names/designations, the fate of units that were encountered, as well as the types of equipment that was faced. ULTRA is going to continue to be a thorn in our collective sides for awhile with greater things to come (I promise /evil laugh), but I really want to make sure that things are accurate to what you have all written about.

Thank you.
Raymond Freeman MacCreary
Deputy Director
Mercenary Review and Bonding Commission (MRBC)

“We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant.”
Croaker, The Black Company

Saori Arai
affiliations: Aura Wings

Re: ULTRA

Postby Saori Arai » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:50 am

The Aura Wings defeated the 34th Marik Militia, 1st Battalion on Al Na'ir in 4th quarter 3091. Their only support unit was a single Wing of aerospace fighters. Their losses were light, and they are in DCMS custody for the time being as of the unit's current writings.
Lieutenant General (Chu-jo) Saori Arai
Commanding Officer, Aura Wings Mercenary Brigade

Dulio12385
affiliations: Black Stars Mercenary Collective

Postby Dulio12385 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:08 pm

I already discussed it with Jon but as a matter of public record my character's backstory involved ULTRA taking over Terra. I wrote that most of the fighting centered around the Atlantic coasts of Europe and the Americas as well as Australia. My character was involved in the peripheral battle for Singapore, which was Terran Defense Force HQ for Asia, and a subsequent retreat to Metro Manila in the Philippines and an escape to space via Port Irene.

I did not give any specifics as to what units were involved but my narration of the events implied overwhelming airpower, orbital bombardment and urban combat which likely points to a warship of some sort with carrier capabilities and some sort of battlemech units specialized in orbital drops.

That said canonicity of this depends on the staff decision on Terra and we both agreed that I can amend my backstory to take such a decision into account.
Major Clint "Tex" Dyson
CO Alcyone Gunslingers
Governor-General of Erdvynn
Black Stars Collective [Inactive]

"The devil loves a mad man when the monkey is in control."

Email, Facebook, Skype or YM: dulio12385@yahoo.com

Storywriter J. Allen

Postby Storywriter J. Allen » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:24 pm

Terra and some of the events surrounding what happened are briefly mentioned briefly in the IC editorial column piece that was just posted on the House Marik forum.
Staff Position
Storyline Writer Jon Allen

MUCO Character
Captain Niobe Bey
Commanding Officer
The Great White Fleet MU

Dulio12385
affiliations: Black Stars Mercenary Collective

Postby Dulio12385 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:17 pm

I guess that clears that up then. No need for me to alter my backstory. Thank you.
Major Clint "Tex" Dyson
CO Alcyone Gunslingers
Governor-General of Erdvynn
Black Stars Collective [Inactive]

"The devil loves a mad man when the monkey is in control."

Email, Facebook, Skype or YM: dulio12385@yahoo.com

DeputyDirector

Postby DeputyDirector » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:49 pm

Locking this topic. Information on ULTRA forces and associated territories will be found in the "The Inner Sphere, The Clans, and The Periphery" section of the forum.
Raymond Freeman MacCreary
Deputy Director
Mercenary Review and Bonding Commission (MRBC)

“We abjure labels. We fight for money and an indefinable pride. The politics, the ethics, the moralities, are irrelevant.”
Croaker, The Black Company

Return to “BTM And Current Events”