BTM Relaunch Discussion

General 'Out Of Character' news & events within Battletech-Mercenaries
Vampire
affiliations: Dirty Half Dozens

Re: BTM Relaunch Discussion

Postby Vampire » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:44 am

Personally, the joy I have here on these forums is about writing with fellow likeminded friends to craft stories and characters. On the issue of whether do we reboot, i have no preferences whatsoever.

While I understand that returning members may find it off putting to have their previous works and toys gone, I also think that quite a number of us would gladly seize the opportunity to start from a clean slate. But than again, I cannot speak for everyone.

Having all members have a say in story development and such is something we should seriously consider. I don't want the entire community to stagnate because the main/sole story writer is gone for whatever reason. Of course, one may choose NOT to participate in the planning and such, and simply focus on writing and building one's unit.

However, I do support the idea of cleaning up the forums and website. I feel that visitors and guests should be able to at least read some of our IC threads so as to understand how we write and the story arc(s) we are spinning. Also, there's simply TOO many threads around.

Just my 2 cents.
Captain HUO Qubing
CO Dirty Half Dozens Mercenary Command

Morgan CHAN
Military Hardware Brokerage Office
(part-time Black Market dealer)

Lt Gen ZHAO Zi Long
Black Stars Mercenary Collective
Sharp Shooters Sub-unit
Vampire Medium Omnitank

Baron of Erdvynn, Alarion Province, Lyran Alliance
Earl of Galisteo, Duchy of Tamarind-Abbey, Free Worlds League

Creator of Kingdom of Nibo

Rabbit
affiliations: Major Benjamin Pugh - Black Talon Phoenixes
Captain Alexander Yau - Chaos Incorporated

Postby Rabbit » Sat May 01, 2021 2:30 am

For BTM to survive in some form, we do need change. I am fine with making changes to things... websites, how things work, whatever... as long as it helps support the game and helps the players/writers enjoy things. The reason I am here is to write in the BattleTech universe and I will support almost anything that lets me do that.

So. Let's take a look at what Mr. Pig has said and what we can do to make this all work better. If anyone has additional ideas on support structure for the game, timeframe for the story, changes to the timeline, and just about anything else concerning BTM, speak up. Just toss some out there for discussion and let's see what we can figure out.

In the meantime, let's also get some word count out there. :)
MAJ Benjamin "Ironsides" Pugh
Black Talon Phoenixes

MAJ Alexander "Random" Yau
Chaos Incorporated

Captain Duncan "Hound" Myers
War Hounds

MrPig
affiliations: Penelope "Dime" Trumbull

Postby MrPig » Sat May 01, 2021 2:46 am

Rabbit wrote:For BTM to survive in some form, we do need change. I am fine with making changes to things... websites, how things work, whatever... as long as it helps support the game and helps the players/writers enjoy things. The reason I am here is to write in the BattleTech universe and I will support almost anything that lets me do that.

So. Let's take a look at what Mr. Pig has said and what we can do to make this all work better. If anyone has additional ideas on support structure for the game, timeframe for the story, changes to the timeline, and just about anything else concerning BTM, speak up. Just toss some out there for discussion and let's see what we can figure out.

In the meantime, let's also get some word count out there. :)

The first thing we should do is find a way to move the thread so that guests can read it. Would we want to copy/paste it, or does someone have enough moderator access to move it?

Rabbit

Postby Rabbit » Sat May 01, 2021 3:11 am

I don't believe that anyone on here has moderator access, so we'd have to do the copy paste thing. If we do that, then we keep the posts in the same format, etc. that the original writer has them... no changes.

Please do not start doing that right now. If people make accounts and become members, they can also read the posts. That's enough at the moment.

What else and from who else?
Black Talon Phoenixes

Chaos Incorporated

War Hounds

MrPig

Postby MrPig » Sat May 01, 2021 3:25 am

Rabbit wrote:I don't believe that anyone on here has moderator access, so we'd have to do the copy paste thing. If we do that, then we keep the posts in the same format, etc. that the original writer has them... no changes.

Please do not start doing that right now. If people make accounts and become members, they can also read the posts. That's enough at the moment.

What else and from who else?

I could start a Google Doc for people to copy-paste their formatting?

Rabbit

Postby Rabbit » Sat May 01, 2021 3:42 am

Or when we start to do that, we just copy the post and drop it into the new thread. There's something about this forum that does not always translate well back and forth to other documents. Notepad works okay most the time, but everything else always has weirdness about it... at least it always did when I did it. :)

I figure we open a new thread, copy from the old thread, then copy the post directly into the new thread. The formatting should stay. My main thing was not to just glomp everything into one long post. What were you thinking?
Black Talon Phoenixes

Chaos Incorporated

War Hounds

Vampire
affiliations: Dirty Half Dozens

Postby Vampire » Sat May 01, 2021 11:44 am

I believe both Mcraven and myself have moderator access. Unfortunately, I totally do not know how/what to do.
Captain HUO Qubing
CO Dirty Half Dozens Mercenary Command

Morgan CHAN
Military Hardware Brokerage Office
(part-time Black Market dealer)

Lt Gen ZHAO Zi Long
Black Stars Mercenary Collective
Sharp Shooters Sub-unit
Vampire Medium Omnitank

Baron of Erdvynn, Alarion Province, Lyran Alliance
Earl of Galisteo, Duchy of Tamarind-Abbey, Free Worlds League

Creator of Kingdom of Nibo

Mcraven
affiliations: Lance McRaven BTP
Major Robert McClendon Shadow Lancers

Postby Mcraven » Sat May 01, 2021 2:09 pm

I know the director has given Vampire and myself moderator and admin permissions. I can probably move this topic, just need to know where we want it. I will make sure to back it up, in case something unplanned happens...
Lance McRaven
Lieutenant General
Commanding Officer
BLACK TALON PHOENIX MERCENARY COMMAND
Provisional Deputy Director

Rabbit

Postby Rabbit » Sun May 02, 2021 12:16 am

It should be someplace that you can read the posts without even having to log in.
Black Talon Phoenixes

Chaos Incorporated

War Hounds

MrPig

Postby MrPig » Sun May 02, 2021 12:19 am

Rabbit wrote:It should be someplace that you can read the posts without even having to log in.

BTM & Current Events would work.

Return to “BTM And Current Events”