Admin Access help

General 'Out Of Character' news & events within Battletech-Mercenaries
Jon Allen

Admin Access help

Postby Jon Allen » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:05 pm

Hello all,

I just happened to take a peak at the forums for the first time in ages. I'm not fully up to date on what you are dealing with but if I understand the situation, you've lost access to the administrative functions of the BTM website (e.g. contract setup, contract bids, planetary system updates, faction page updates, Black Market and Brokerage changes and some other odds and ends). My vague understanding of the situation is that Tim and other staff are MIA.

I tested my years-old credentials and they work. I am able to access the admin panel. I don't know if that works for everything, I believe there's a set of credentials needed to do things like alter the website content on the front page of the website. But it will allow for access to a lot of the things we were using to maintain the day-to-day operations.

I'm not suggesting I return or take the reigns. I really don't have the time or inclination to do either. I've toyed with the idea of returning as a player or MUCO now and then but that's still a question mark as I'm still wrangling with the real world reality of COVID-19 and its impact on my life and job. I know I really don't want to do BTM staff work. My real life job involves too much of similar things these days and that kind of thing "for fun" doesn't appeal to me at all when that's so similar to my 9-5 life.

What I am saying is that I would be willing to hand over that username/password to someone. As long as the decision of who and how are handled with some care.

For example I'm not going to just post it here for anyone on the internet to see and grab.

I'm largely willing to let you all decide who gets that access. Then I'd be happy to transmit the information via PM.

That's all of course assuming Admin access is still an issue. If you've managed to resolve that issue, then I guess this is just a long winded wave and a hello to a lot of people I haven't talked to in a while. :)

Vampire
affiliations: Dirty Half Dozens

Re: Admin Access help

Postby Vampire » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:16 pm

Hello to you too JA!

Recently returned to the forums myself and was trying to see if there's anything I could help out with, without promising too much that I might not be able deliver.

As far as I know, DNA and Mcraven are the 2 active members in addition to a new member.

I THINK I still have my admin rights on both the forums as well as the website, but like I told the guys previously, I've never had much to do other than been involved in staff discussions, update the MHB, add/amend/update/remove hardware listing and help out the Broker here and there. As such, I dread to use my severe unfamiliarity of the admin functions in fear of breaking things I can't unbreak.
Captain HUO Qubing
CO Dirty Half Dozens Mercenary Command

Morgan CHAN
Military Hardware Brokerage Office
(part-time Black Market dealer)

Lt Gen ZHAO Zi Long
Black Stars Mercenary Collective
Sharp Shooters Sub-unit
Vampire Medium Omnitank

Baron of Erdvynn, Alarion Province, Lyran Alliance
Earl of Galisteo, Duchy of Tamarind-Abbey, Free Worlds League

Creator of Kingdom of Nibo

DNA
Site Admin

Postby DNA » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:44 pm

Thank you for the offer of assistance Jon Allen, it will be appreciated. Currently, we're operating with duct tape, and as versatile as it is, admin access would help.
Captain Akihiko Tanaka
Callsign: Scorpion
MUCO, Last Resort Mercenary Unit

Sergeant Alefosio "Al" Aitu
Callsign: Shayu
Member, Aurigan Irregulars Mercenary Unit

"You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - the most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!" - Vizzini, The Princess Bride

Jon Allen

Postby Jon Allen » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:50 pm

You are welcome.

Should I send the username/password to you DNA? Or you and Mcraven?

Like I said you all decide, and just let me know, Final Answer style.

DNA
Site Admin

Postby DNA » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:21 pm

Hi JA, you can send it to me. Thank you.
Captain Akihiko Tanaka
Callsign: Scorpion
MUCO, Last Resort Mercenary Unit

Sergeant Alefosio "Al" Aitu
Callsign: Shayu
Member, Aurigan Irregulars Mercenary Unit

"You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - the most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line"! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!" - Vizzini, The Princess Bride

Jon Allen

Postby Jon Allen » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:28 pm

PM with credentials sent to DNA. He has the keys to the castle.

Have fun.

ArticFreeze
affiliations: Major Tanner is McFadden
Veens irregulers
Bravo Ad hoc battalion
Huntsmen
nova commander Antonius hall(deceased)
Growling bears
Stormcorow

star captain Stryker Roshak
disposed MechWarrior

star captain revenant Malthus
emerald falcons trinary
King Fisher-H

Captain Justin Robinson
Robinsions Royal knights
Atlas II dh2

Postby ArticFreeze » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:49 pm

I am active too as well vampire I have ideas for a contract too I well be posting too I am on almost all just haven't responded in days
May the sun always shine bright may the warmth of god always embrace you keeping you strong and joyful.

Mcraven
affiliations: Lance McRaven BTP
Major Robert McClendon Shadow Lancers

Postby Mcraven » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:00 am

Sounds like we should discuss setting up a temporary staff, to allow for us to proceed in some sort of semblance of order. I have stated I am willing to step into whatever position needed to help us move forward. I am willing to entertain any support position, up to and including Deputy Director, as long as everyone is in agreement.
Lance McRaven
Lieutenant General
Commanding Officer
BLACK TALON PHOENIX MERCENARY COMMAND
Provisional Deputy Director

Vampire
affiliations: Dirty Half Dozens

Postby Vampire » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:56 am

Mcraven wrote:Sounds like we should discuss setting up a temporary staff, to allow for us to proceed in some sort of semblance of order. I have stated I am willing to step into whatever position needed to help us move forward. I am willing to entertain any support position, up to and including Deputy Director, as long as everyone is in agreement.

I'm fine either ways. I won't want to be a staffer, but would be more than willing to lend a hand to support the group - I remember Mcraven mentioning something about helping to track WC? And prob keeping our IC transcript as we write in case these forums suddenly crashed/ceased for any reasons - At least we'd be to transfer our writing elsewhere like the Classic Battletech forums.
Captain HUO Qubing
CO Dirty Half Dozens Mercenary Command

Morgan CHAN
Military Hardware Brokerage Office
(part-time Black Market dealer)

Lt Gen ZHAO Zi Long
Black Stars Mercenary Collective
Sharp Shooters Sub-unit
Vampire Medium Omnitank

Baron of Erdvynn, Alarion Province, Lyran Alliance
Earl of Galisteo, Duchy of Tamarind-Abbey, Free Worlds League

Creator of Kingdom of Nibo

ArticFreeze
affiliations: Major Tanner is McFadden
Veens irregulers
Bravo Ad hoc battalion
Huntsmen
nova commander Antonius hall(deceased)
Growling bears
Stormcorow

star captain Stryker Roshak
disposed MechWarrior

star captain revenant Malthus
emerald falcons trinary
King Fisher-H

Captain Justin Robinson
Robinsions Royal knights
Atlas II dh2

Postby ArticFreeze » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:57 am

I agree I concur with that I currently use micro soft word
May the sun always shine bright may the warmth of god always embrace you keeping you strong and joyful.

Return to “BTM And Current Events”